Exam: 412714RR – Assessing Performance and Developing Employees
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. A team of five to seven employees is assigned a problem and must work together to solve it within a certain time period. Which of the following techniques is being used?
A. Role playing
B. Leaderless group discussion C. Discussion
D. In-basket exercise
2. If peer review doesn’t lead to a settlement, a neutral party from outside the organization hears the case and tries to help the people in conflict arrive at a settlement. This process is called
A. open-door policy.
B. progressive discipline. C. mediation.
3. Why would an employee seek a downward move? A. To have more authority
B. To increase salary and visibility
C. To learn different skills
D. To have greater challenges
4. If a performance measure lacks _______ reliability, determining whether an employee’s performance has truly changed over time will be impossible.
A. external B. interrater C. strategic D. test-retest
5. HR professionals can best help organizations avoid and defend against charges of wrongful discharge through all of three following activities. Which of the following is not a good way for HR professionals to help organizations avoid and defend against charges of wrongful discharge?
A. Training managers to avoid making promises before or during employment that imply job security B. Establishing and communicating policies for handling employee misbehavior
C. Designing jobs with low mental and physical skill demands to ensure low employee turnover
D. Writing and reviewing employee handbooks to avoid statements that might be interpreted as employment contracts
6. Based on the expectation that two people in conflict should first try to arrive at a settlement together, the organization has a policy of making managers available to hear complaints. Typically, the first open door is that of the employee’s
B. immediate supervisor. C. immediate subordinates. D. director.
7. Three of the following are likely outcomes or benefits of conducting annual employee satisfaction surveys. Which of the following is not a likely outcome or benefit?
A. The surveys provide a means for empirically assessing the effects of changes in personnel practices on worker attitudes. B. The surveys provide evidence of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform specific jobs.
C. The surveys give employees an outlet for voicing their concerns.
D. The surveys allow the company to monitor trends over time.
8. As a predictor of job dissatisfaction, nothing surpasses A. negative affectivity and negative self-evaluations.
B. pay and benefits.
C. relationships with coworkers.
D. the nature of the task itself.
9. Generally speaking, the contents of employees’ e-mail and voice-mail messages on companies’ systems are
A. protected and private if job-related.
B. protected and private only if they’re directed to parties outside of the company. C. not private, protected communications.
D. private, protected communications.
10. Advantages of result-based measures include three of the following. Which is not an advantage of result-based measures?
A. Result-based measures are relatively easy to link to the organization’s goals.
B. Result-based measures are highly acceptable to employees and managers alike.
C. Result-based measures are generally less subjective than other kinds of performance systems. D. Result-based measures are very effective in providing guidance on how to improve.
11. Which of the following is a false statement about using peers as a source of performance information?
A. Peer ratings, according to research, are highly influenced by friendships.
B. Peers are more willing participants in reviews used for employees.
C. Peers have expert knowledge of job requirements and bring a unique perspective to the evaluation, often resulting in extremely valid assessments of performance.
D. Peer ratings are particularly useful when supervisors don’t have the opportunity to observe employees.
12. Which of the following statements correctly describes in-basket exercises?
A. In-basket exercises simulate the administrative tasks of a manager’s job, using a pile of documents for the employee to handle.
B. In-basket exercises are paper-and-pencil tests designed to measure participants’ communication styles and skills.
C. In-basket exercises require participants to take the part of a manager or employee in a situation involving the skills to be assessed.
D. In-basket exercises require teams of five to seven employees to work together to solve assigned problems within a certain time period.
13. Explanation, consideration, and empathy are key determinants of
A. procedural justice.
B. interactional justice.
C. alternative dispute resolutions.
D. perceptual justice.
14. The Job Descriptive Index measures three of the following facets of employee satisfaction. Which is not measured by the Job Descriptive Index?
B. The work itself C. Coworkers
15. In terms of job dissatisfaction, an employee who calls in sick or arrives to work late is engaging in
A. psychological withdrawal.
B. physical withdrawal.
D. behavior change.
16. Three of the following are trends in executive education. Which one is not a trend in executive education?
A. Employers and education providers are developing short courses with content designed specifically for the audience. B. Distance learning is being used more frequently by companies.
C. Formal educational programs are being supplemented with other developmental activities.
D. Due to increasing costs, employees are increasingly being asked to cover tuition and other program-related costs.
17. Which of the following is a false statement about the glass ceiling?
A. The barrier may be due to stereotypes that hinder the development of women and minorities.
B. The barrier may be due to a lack of access to training programs, developmental job experiences, and developmental relationships, such as mentoring.
C. Research shows male managers receive more assignments involving high levels of responsibility than do female managers of similar ability and managerial level.
D. Research has found gender differences in accessing job experiences involving transitions and creating change.
18. An Individual Coaching for Effectiveness program is designed to
A. help prepare managers for overseas assignments. B. improve managers in succession planning.
C. reduce the effects of the glass ceiling.
D. help managers with dysfunctional behaviors.
19. The primary use of assessment centers is to identify
A. employees’ personality types and job interests.
B. employees who have the personality, characteristics, and skills needed for managerial positions. C. decision processes and communication styles that inhibit production.
D. the strengths and weaknesses of team members.
20. Which of the following statements about benchmarks is false?
A. The instrument measures 16 skills and perspectives, such as how well managers deal with subordinates, acquire resources,
and create a productive work climate.
B. The managers’ supervisors, their peers, and the managers themselves must complete the instrument to ensure its effectiveness.
C. While managers enjoy completing the instrument and find the results interesting, research is inconclusive regarding the skills measured and their relationship to on-the-job performance.
D. The items measured by benchmarks are based on research into the lessons that executives have learned as a result of critical events within their careers.
. WITH BEST NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Which of the following is a false statement about using peers as a source of performance information? appeared first on BEST NURSING TUTORS .
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Which of the following is a false statement about using peers as a source of performance information? appeared first on The Nursing Hub.
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Which of the following is a false statement about using peers as a source of performance information? first appeared on nursing writers.