What is an annotated bibliography?
This is a bibliography that includes brief explanations or notes for each reference. An annotated bibliography helps the researcher determine which sources are relevant to a line of inquiry. This determination is based on a summary of the work, an evaluation of its credibility, and its applicability to what you are specifically writing about. Each annotation should be between 100â€“150 words.
Conduct a literature search in the CTU Library databases and select 8-10 peer-reviewed research articles to create your annotated bibliography:
- This site gives an explanation of what an annotated bibliography is and the process of creating one. Be sure you check the format of your own work with the assignment and your instructor.
- This site gives an overview of the annotated bibliography and samples in APA and other formats. Be sure you check the format of your own work with the assignment and your instructor.
What are peer-reviewed references?
Peer-reviewed references are those documents that have been written and subsequently reviewed by experts or scholars in a specific field. Examples in criminology and criminal justice include: Criminology, the Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, and Justice Quarterly. Do not use an article that is more than 5â€“7 years old unless it is considered foundational in the field.
Annotations Versus Abstracts
Abstracts are the purely descriptive summaries often found at the beginning of scholarly journal articles or in periodical indexes. Annotations are descriptive and critical; they expose the author’s point of view, clarity, and appropriateness of expression and authority.
- First, search for books, periodicals, and information related to your topic of study. Take your time to look them over and see what the authors are describing in their work, and then make a decision on which material would have the most impact upon your paper.
- Select a minimum of 8-10 sources that you will use for your annotated bibliography.
- For each selected source, complete the following:
- Make an APA reference for the material.
- Write a brief description that summarizes the central theme of the material (in your own words, do not copy or paraphrase the Abstract).
- Evaluate the credibility of the source, comment on the intended audience, compare or contrast this work with other sources that you have referenced, and explain how this work relates to your topic.
- All references should be in APA style.
Cornell University Library. (2017). How to prepare an annotated bibliography: The annotated bibliography. Retrieved from http://guides.library.cornell.edu/annotatedbibliog…
Purdue OWL. (2017). Annotated bibliography samples. Purdue online writing lab. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03…
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.