Public Health and Health Care
The purpose of this assignment is to compare and contrast the different ways two disciplines, public health and health care, address a public health issue. You will use the Public Health and Health Care Table Excel file (linked in Resources) to complete this assignment. Note: Tobacco was used as an example of a public health issue in the template. You must select a different issue.
To fully understand how this assignment will be graded, be sure to read the Public Health and Health Care Scoring Guide carefully. A set of Guiding Questions is also linked in Resources to help you complete this assignment.
Refer to the Leading Health Indicators on the Healthy People 2020 Web site (linked in Resources).
- Select one of the high-priority health issues identified by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (other than tobacco use) as your topic for this assignment.
Use the Capella library and other Internet resources to do some additional background reading on the history of the issue. Try keywords such as public health history, public health interventions, health care, public health issues, public health practices, and health improvement strategies.
Complete the Public Health and Health Care table with the following:
- A description of the health problems associated with your chosen public health issue.
- A list of public health agencies and organizations attempting to deal with this public health issue.
- A chronological list of key public health interventions (health improvement strategies) related to your issue.
- Descriptions of public health interventions and challenges related to the health issue.
- Descriptions of health care interventions and challenges related to the health issue.
When entering information into the template, be clear and succinct. Remember to cite your sources.
In addition to the criteria in the scoring guide, you must also ensure your assignment meets the following requirements:
- APA formatting: Because you are submitting your work in tabular format, there are 4 page; however, you must include a cover page and a reference page. Refer to the APA Style Paper Template to format these pages.
- Font: Times New Roman 12 points for cover and reference pages. You may use a different typeface in the table if you wish.
- Citations: Format resources and citations according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of references: Cite at least one peer-reviewed source.
Before submitting this paper, you may refer to the Guiding Questions for this assignment (linked in Resources) to ensure that you have addressed all criteria.