As you know, our world is heavily dependent on oil. In Chapter 6 of Contemporary Environmental Issues, you have read that there is concern about the possibility of reaching a peak in oil production, while Chapter 8 of Contemporary Environmental Issues introduces a variety of possible alternative energy sources. Based on the concern that we may be running out of oil, describe at least two renewable alternatives to oil that are currently available and discuss the barriers that keep these alternatives from replacing oil as our primary means of energy. Do not discuss other fossil fuels or nuclear energy, which are all nonrenewable sources. Additionally, discuss the role that government plays in ensuring a transition to these renewable alternatives in a post peak-oil world.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Utilize at least two scholarly or reputable resources and your textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources in APA format. Quoted text should constitute no more than ten percent of your post. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Rough Draft of the Final Report
You are required to develop a rough draft for your Final Lab Report, which covers the drinking water quality experiment from the Week Two Lab assignment “ (Links to an external site.) tool from the Writing Center to help you identify and correct any mistakes to your rough draft. Be sure to submit a screen shot of the Grammarly report and the corrected rough draft to the Week Three Assignment box. This resource will show you how to take a screen shot on your computer and upload it to Waypoint successfully..” Please use the Week Three Assignment Template for preparing your rough draft to insure that you include all required components in a well-organized manner. Before completing this Template, view the Tutorial on the Rough Draft of the Final Lab Report Template so that you have a clear picture on how to use the template most effectively. This rough draft must also be reviewed using the Grammarly
Complete the following steps to submit both reports:
- Carefully read the instructions for your Final Lab Report assignment located within Week Five of the course..
- Download the and utilize this form to ensure correct formatting and inclusion of all required material.
- View the Tutorial on the Rough Draft of the Final Lab Report Template so that you can apply the template with success.
- Use at least two scholarly sources, two credible sources, and your lab manual to support your points.
- The rough draft must be three to five pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Use the Grammarly tool to proofread your paper before submitting it for grading. Grammarly is a free proofreading program available to all Ashford students.
- To learn how to set up and use Grammarly, watch the Grammarly tutorial (Links to an external site.).
- Upload your paper to Grammarly and take a screen shot of your reviewed paper. Need help taking a screen shot? See this .
- Save the Grammarly screenshot to your computer and submit it along with your assignment. This means that you will submit two documents to Waypoint: the Grammarly screen shot and your corrected rough draft.
Read “” This lab will allow you to investigate how pollution can adversely affect the biodiversity of an ecosystem. Last week you should already have completed steps 1 to 32 of Experiment 1, including answering Post Lab Questions 1 through 5 on the . Make sure to complete all of the remaining items before submission:
- Review the introductory material.
- Complete Experiment 1: Effects of Water Pollution on Plant Diversity using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Complete Table 2 and answer Post Lab Questions 6 through 10 in complete sentences on the Week Three Lab Reporting Form.
Submit the entire completed Lab Three Reporting Form via Waypoint. The document does not need to include a title page or other APA formatting; however, any outside sources utilized in your answers must be referenced in proper APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. The photograph you took in step 34 of Experiment 1 should either be pasted onto your Lab Three Reporting Form, or uploaded to Waypoint as a separate file.
DISCUSSION DUE TONIGHT BY 10PM CST
REST DUE SUNDAY