Please do this assignment correctly and fill completely out in full, please! the form to fill out is in the additional materials
Research Study Analysis
Evidence-based practice (EBP) involves the integration of evidence from empirical research and clinical expertise. EBP allows nurses to identify validated interventions, provide individualized patient care, stay updated about new medical protocols, and make well-founded decisions. Thus, understanding how research is conducted and interpreted is of vital importance. This assignment asks you to locate an empirical, quantitative research study published within the last five years and analyze specific aspects of how the study was conducted. In Modules 3, 5, 6, and 8, you will analyze a new study and will identify statistical terms and concepts present in the article. By the end of the course, you and your classmates will have created an EBP resource that could assist you in future classes or even in your professional practice.
If you are interested in learning more about EBP, this guide (Links to an external site.) provides an effective overview.
Citation: Turner, M. (2014). Evidence-based practice in health. The University of Canberra Library. https://canberra.libguides.com/evidence
- Identify a nursing-related topic or problem that youâ€d like to learn more about. For example, the impact of school-based physical education programs on the reduction of childhood obesity or the effect of aromatherapy on cognitive test anxiety among nursing students.
- Search the library databases for a scholarly journal article about this topic or problem. The article must present an empirical, quantitative study published within the last five years.
- Then analyze and assess the research study, examining its methodology, data analysis, and validity. To assist you in this assessment, you will use the research study analysis worksheet
Download research study analysis worksheet. Each module has its own corresponding table for you to fill in.
- The next step is to share your analysis with your classmates. You will do this using the Collaborations tool.
- Click the Collaborations link in the left-side Course Navigation menu.
- Click on the Research Study Analysis link.
- The Collaboration will open in a new tab. You may be asked to sign in to your AZ College Microsoft Office 365 account.
- You will then be able to copy and paste the module 3 table from the research study analysis worksheet into the Collaborations document.
How to Locate Research Articles
Use the playlist linked below to watch videos to learn more about the LIRN library and how to utilize it.
Arizona College Student Research and Training Playlist (Links to an external site.)
The following videos from the playlist are a great place to start:
- Introduction to the LIRNPortal (Links to an external site.) (2:52)
- Ask a Librarian (Links to an external site.) (1:24)
- Arizona College: Search Strategies for Nursing Students (Links to an external site.) (14:49)
A few tips to remember:
- Use the databases. CINAHL Complete is specific to nursing topics. Academic Search Premier and Proquest are multi-subject databases. The tutorial videos cover several others that may be useful to you in your studies.
- Narrow or limit your search results.
- Select the orange â€œAsk a Librarianâ€ icon in the lower right-hand corner (new location!) of the page if you need help.