As you have discovered through this course, nurses are influential members of the community and the political system. Therefore, for the purposes of this assignment you will identify a problem or concern in your community, organization, etc. that has the capacity to be legislated. You will conduct research and state a proposal. Through the legislative process, your proposal for the problem or concern may influence an idea for change into a law.
First, refer to the “How a Bill Becomes a Law” media.
Then, view the “Bill to Law Process” to watch the scenario.
After viewing the scenario, refer to the “Legislative Assignment.” You will need to save the document first in order to use it.
Submit the assignment to the instructor. You also reserve the right to submit your completed proposal to the respective government official. However, this is optional. If you select to submit your proposal as a part of the legislative process, refer to “Find Your Representative” or research the contact information on your own.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.Legislative Worksheet (SBAR Format) –How a Bill Becomes a LawSITUATION: IS THIS SOMETHING THAN CAN BE LEGISLATED?
· Identify the problem/concern:
· State your proposal/idea.
BACKGROUND: DO YOUR RESEARCH
· Include studies, reports, personal experience, or anecdotal stories related to your proposal.
· Has there been similar legislation introduced and/or passed in other states? If so, include it.
ASSESSMENT: FINANCES AND STAKEHOLDERS
· Identify financial impact if any (e.g., added costs, cost savings, increased revenue):
· Identify stakeholder groups that would support this bill:
· Identify people/groups that would oppose this bill:
· Make an appointment with your legislator to discuss your proposal.
© 2013. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”