Within the Discussion Board area, write 250 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. You are required to use 1 scholarly resource, in addition to your textbook. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Assuming that you are beyond the novice stage of skill acquisition, consider a time when you again became a novice. For example, you may believe yourself to be an expert in orthopedic nursing, but one day you are asked to float to a new unit where you are unfamiliar with the routines of that unit and the particular assessment and medications common to those types of patients.
- How did you use your more advanced practices to step back into that novice nurse role?
- Did you have a preceptor assigned to you?
- What resources did you use?
- If you are a preceptor to a novice nurse, how can you be effective in sharing your experience without being intimidating?
- What makes an ideal preceptor?
At least 2 reference