Each student is expected to develop a 4 – 6 page paper (excluding title page and reference page) examining a current global health issue. This assignment is considered a “formal paper” with proper documentation of references with in-text citations.
The paper should include the following elements:
- Introduction of the topic – Identification of the topic and overview of the issue.
- Impact of the issue on health and healthcare– impact of the issue in at least one area of the world outside the US. Include an example of a situation in which this issue affects individuals or groups.
- Impact of the issue on health and healthcare delivery in the United States – impact of the issue in the US overall or in a local area. Include an example of a situation in which this issue affects individuals or groups.
- Comparison of impact- Compare the impact in the United States and a country outside the United States.
- Impact of the issue from discipline perspective – Discuss the impact in your practice or from the perspective your chosen discipline of study or perspective area of practice. Include an example of a situation you have experienced or a potential situation in which the issue impacts the provider or recipients of care/service.
- Ethical considerations – address ethical considerations. This may be done in the discussion of the impact of the issue or in a separate section.
- Responses – Identify specific solutions or responses to this issue. These may include political action, professional action, changes in healthcare delivery, or some other type of response.
- Summary – Information presented should be summarized.
- References – Use at least 5 additional current references. The references should be used to support positions throughout the paper.