Cancer Risk Factors
- Identify various types of neoplasms
- Describe the behavior of benign and malignant neoplasms
In this assignment, you will complete a self-assessment to analyze your risk factors for development of cancer.
A one-page (250-word) paper
Step 1 Select a type of cancer to examine.
Step 2 Select a cancer risk factor self-assessment tool.
There are a number of online cancer risk factor tools. Select one to explore your risk for your choice of cancer and remember to cite your source using the style recommended by your instructor.
Step 3 Summarize your individual risk for development of cancer.
In your summary, include the following information:
- Identification of individual and familial genetic factors that could lead to cancer development
- Description of your lifestyle factors that could contribute to cancer development
- A description of the role gender plays in risk for development of cancer
- A description of the role nutrition plays in risk for development of cancer
- A list of interventions you can take to reduce your risk of developing cancer
- How the aging process affects cells and causes cellular injury that can lead to cancer