The paper will include the following.
a. Clinical Question
- Describe problem
- Significance of problem in terms of outcomes or statistics
- The PICOT question in support of the assignment topic ( check below )
- Purpose of your paper
b. Levels of Evidence
- Type of question asked
- Best evidence found to answer question
c. Search Strategy
- Search terms
- Databases used (you may use Google Scholar in addition to the library databases
- Refinement decisions made
- Identification of two most relevant articles
- Correct grammar and spelling
- Use of headings for each section
- Use of APA format (sixth edition)
- Page length: three to four pages
PREPARING THE PAPER
- Paper should include a title page and a reference page.
Please use this article as well.
Population: Hourly rounding in hospital setting for patients 18-65 years of age.
Intervention: Applying hourly rounding to prevent falls and promote safety.
Comparison: Reduction in patient fall rates by implementing hourly rounding compared to increase in falls without hourly rounding.
Outcome: Increase patient satisfaction and safety with the intervention of hourly rounding.
Time: Increase efficiency, improves communication and reduces the length of hospital stays.