For amanda smith only | Management homework help
May 13, 2021
You will watch the module provided then complete the attached assessment questions.
https://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu/module/iep01/ (Links to an external site.)
(Links to an external site.)
IEPs: Developing High-Quality Individualized Education Programs -Assessment
Take some time now to answer the following questions. Please note that the IRIS Center does not collect your Assessment responses. If this is a course assignment, you should turn them in to your professor using whatever method he or she requires. If you have trouble answering any of the questions, go back and review the Perspectives & Resources pages in this module.
- What is an IEP? What purpose does it serve?
- Explain the difference between procedural requirements and substantive requirements for developing IEPs. How did the Endrew case clarify the substantive standard for IEPs?
- Bella is a 7th-grader with a learning disability. Her IEP includes the following PLAAFP statement for reading:Bella reads at the 4th-grade level at approximately 100 wpm (orally). Her oral reading rate includes many incorrect words. When asked comprehension questions about fictional text, she is able to identify broad concepts such as main characters and events. However, she has difficulty identifying main ideas and supporting details in content area texts (e.g., science, social studies). She struggles with abstract concepts, inferences, deductions, and connecting what she has read to real-world examples.
- This is not an example of a high-quality PLAAFP statement. Identify the elements that are missing or incomplete. For those that are incomplete, discuss information that should be included.
- Based on the PLAAFP statement, Bella’s IEP team developed the following annual goal: When given a textbook passage at the 4.2 grade level, Bella will read the passage aloud at a rate of 100 wpm by the end of the school year.
- Does this annual goal contain all of the required elements? If not, identify any missing element(s).
- Does this annual goal meet the SMART criteria? Explain your answer.
- Is this annual goal sufficient to meet all of Bella’s needs in reading? Justify your answer.
- Bella’s IEP team is ready to develop the statement of the individualized services and supports for her IEP. List and briefly describe the six elements that should be included in this statement.
- Explain the importance of monitoring a student’s progress toward meeting his or her IEP goals and reporting that progress to parents.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”