Government’s Role in US Healthcare
There are several levels of government in the USA. Each level, Federal, State and County (Local), plays a different role in healthcare and has different responsibilities in the healthcare system.
At the federal level the government mostly manages regulations and sets health policies.
- Explain how the Federal government shares regulatory healthcare power with the states.
- Select 3 federal agencies and briefly summarize their activities.
Go to Oregon State Health Department, which is known as DHS or Oregon Health Authority.
- Identify health services that are provided by the state.
- Would you want to work in any of these areas? Where would you like to apply and why?
Using the internet look up your County Health Department.
- Identify health services that are provided by the county.
- Would you want to work in any of these areas? Where would you apply and why?